Finding a Family Doctor
A family doctor can be very valuable. They are good because it is important to create a trusting relationship with your doctor. Also, a family doctor will know your medical history and can give you better health advice and recommendations.
It can be tricky to find a family doctor in Canada. To get one you will need to find a home clinic. Once you find a home clinic you will be assigned a family doctor that works at that clinic.Or, you can find a family doctor first and then the clinic they work at will become your home clinic.
Finding a family doctor:
- Online: https://forms.gov.mb.ca/family-doctor-finder/
- Phone: 204-786-7111 or Toll-free at 1-866-690-8260 (in Winnipeg) 774-8618 or toll-free 1-800-855-0511.(outside of Winnipeg)
If you fall under one of the following categories, please contact them by telephone:
- Under the age of 16, a group/family of more than 12 people, or feel your registration request may be more complex;
- Previously registered with the program, and your application may still be active; or
- If you do not have a Manitoba Personal Health Information Number (PHIN).