How to Write: Resignation Letter
On average a person in Canada will hold 15 different jobs! Because of that you will need to quit many of them.
In Canada it's custom that you give employers at least 2 weeks notice that you are quitting a job. Sometimes you will be able to just talk to then but many times a formal resignation (quitting) letter is best.
The template for writing a resignation letter for a job is:
- Date (put the date of the day when you're handing in your resignation letter)
- Statement of Resignation (this is just telling the employer you're quitting)
- End date (the last day you will be working there, remember try to make it at least 2 weeks in the future)
- Gratitude (thanking the employer for the job)
- Transition details (this is just for your employer to tell you if you have to do anything extra before you leave)
An example resignation letter can be found here: