This homemade flavourful, rich, mac-and-cheese pasta dish will make your taste buds fly! Even non mac-and-cheese lovers will love this one!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Nutrition: 450 calories per 1 cup
- 4 cups of penne pasta (or any other kind of pasta)
- 230g sharp/aged cheddar cheese (I use Maclaren’s Imperial cheese found easily in stores)
- ½ cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter/margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) of milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C)
- Boil water then put pasta in, cooking for 2 minutes less than package directions. Strain water when finished.
- Melt butter in a pot and when butter is melted add flour and stir it together with the butter.
- Add milk and whisk constantly until the sauce thickens (5-10 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Add cheeses, salt, chili powder, and garlic powder. Stir until cheese is melted and all ingredients are together. Set aside.
- Butter or oil a medium or large baking dish.
- Combine pasta and sauce in dish and mix thoroughly.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and wait 5-10 minutes before serving.