Prairie Tokki LV 10 21-12-05 563
This recipe is a classic for any pasta lover! It is delicious and makes a lot so enjoy!
Prep time: 30 total minutes
Cook time: 2 hours total
Total time: 2 ½ hours
Servings: 12 servings
Calories: 375 per serving
- 680 grams lean ground beef
- 225 grams Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced (or half a teaspoon of garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 900 ml canned diced tomatoes
- 350 ml tomato paste
- 680 gram ricotta cheese or cottage cheese (or both)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 450 grams mozzarella cheese, divided
- 15-20 lasagna noodles (maybe more or less, depending on the size of your pan/dish)
- In a pan, brown ground meat, onion and garlic.
- Add salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, chopped tomatoes with juice, tomato paste; stirring until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour (maybe longer,but watch for getting too dry).
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F)
- Spray a 13 x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine riccota or cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 225 grams of mozzarella cheese
- In a lasagna pan, layer in order: noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat until all ingredients are done (make sure noodles are the top layer)
- Sprinkle the top evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese; make sure to cover noodles completely.
- Bake at 190°C (375°F) for 40-60 minutes. (It's good to cover with foil for about 40 minutes, then uncover for 15-20 minutes.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes before cutting and serving. It will be hot!