Prairie Tokki LV 10 21-12-17 495
Classic Italian dish that's both quick, easy to make, and delicious!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Calories: 415 for one cup of pasta and sauce
- 450 grams fettuccine pasta
- 6 tablespoons butter/margarine
- 1 minced garlic clove (or 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder)
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley (optional)
- Chicken or shrimp (optional)
- In a large pot, heat water over high heat until boiling. Add salt
- Once it is boiling, add fettuccine and cook according to package instructions.
- In a large pan, heat butter over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and let it cool and reduce for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add half of the parmesan cheese to the mixture and stir well until smooth. Keep over heat and whisk well until cheese is melted.
- Save some pasta water. The pasta water is full of flavor and can be used to thin out the sauce.
- Toss alfredo sauce with fettuccine pasta and add half of the parmesan cheese. Also add in chicken or shrimp if you're adding it.
- Once it is tossed, garnish with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Add a little pasta water if the sauce needs to be thinned out.
- Garnish with Italian parsley, if you want.