Prairie Tokki LV 10 22-01-11 662
This classic French sauce is both creamy and delicious! The perfect breakfast sauce for so many dishes!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Calories: 250 per serving
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or more if you prefer a more zesty taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- Melt the butter in a microwave (cover or it will splatter) or on stove for about 1 minute, until it's hot (needs to be hot)
- Mix the egg yolks, lemon juice, dijon, salt and cayenne pepper in a pot (or into a blender and blend for 5 seconds)
- Slowly pour in the hot butter into the egg mixture until it thickens
- Pour the hollandaise sauce into a small bowl and serve while warm.