Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Prairie Tokki LV 10 22-05-17 562
A nice creamy and hearty Italian soup that is every bit delicious!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Calories: 525 per serving
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts (diced)
- 1 stalk of celery (chopped)
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- ½ cup carrots (shredded or cut)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 450 grams (16 oz) potato gnocchi
- 2 cups half and half OR 1 cup cream & 1 cup water
- 1 cup spinach (chopped)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add diced chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring
- Add celery, onions, garlic, and carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes until onions are clear.
- Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, and thyme and bring soup to a boil
- Gently stir in gnocchi. Boil for 3-4 minutes longer before reducing heat to medium heat and cooking for 10 minutes.
- Stir in half and half (or cream and water) and spinach and cook another 1-2 minutes until spinach is tender.
- Taste, add salt and pepper if needed, and serve.