Classic Eggs Benedict
Prairie Tokki LV 10 22-01-11 689
This classic breakfast is both filling and tasty! Try one today
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Calories: 350 each
- 2 English muffins
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices bacon or ham
- Vinegar (just a splash)
- Hollondaise sauce
- Fill a medium size pot with about 3 inches of water.
- Bring the water to a boil and then reduce heat until it reaches a simmer. You should see small bubbles coming to the surface but not big bubbles.
- Add a little splash of vinegar to the water (this is optional, but it helps the egg to stay together once it is in the water).
- Crack one egg at a time into a small cup (like a measuring cup). Lower the eggs one by one into the water, gently bringing it out of the cup.
- Cook the egg in simmering water for 3-5 minutes, depending on how soft you want your egg yolk (3 mins for soft, 4 for medium, 5 for hard). Remove the poached egg with a spoon.
- While the egg is cooking, place the slices of back bacon in a large pan and cook on medium-high heat for about 1 minute on each side.
- Cut the English muffins in half and toast them.
- Once toasted put a slice or two of ham or bacon, and then a poached egg.
- Top with hollandaise sauce.